Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power button on tower blinking blue, instead of solid orange, when put into sleep mode

Pavilion p6320y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just had my computer refurbished with a new motherboard. the only other things that had to be replaced were the graphics card, CPU heat sink, and CPU cooling fan. When I put the computer in sleep mode now, I get a blinking blue power button light, instead of solid orange, the way it is supposed to be. Is there any way to get the power button changed back to solid orange, when the computer is put into sleep mode? PLEASE HELP! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,007 5,993 565 1,265
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power button on tower blinking blue, instead of solid orange, when put into sleep mode

Hi smithdrumm

Did you install a refurbished M2N78-LA (Violet6), which is the MB HP installed at the factory, or use a different product?

The motherboard would control what happens with front panel LEDS when the PC is in sleep mode.

There may be a setting in the BIOS to change this.

My front power button LEDS blink white.

Grzy

Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much! I will check with my tech who refurbished the computer tomorrow (Monday). I will let you know what I find out, Grzy.
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,007 5,993 565 1,265
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi smithdrumm

You are welcome.

I can't change how my front panel LED's act when in sleep mode.

I would not worry if this is true with your PC as long as it enters and exits sleep mode correctly.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Grzy,

I just checked with my tech, and he said that there are usually quite a few revisions to motherboards, and depending on the motherboard, the power button will be configured differently when put into sleep mode.

Thanks for the help!

Smithdrumm

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation