1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power on, no display, need to re-seat CMOS Battery every 1-2 weeks

Pavilion 500-119ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

A couple of months ago my computer powered on but with no display on the monitor. The 'power' light was on, and I could hear the disk spinning, but nothing on screen. After a bit of googling I tried re-seating the CMOS battery. This worked for a couple of days then the same again. I then replaced the CMOS battery and all good for a couple of weeks - then the same again - power is on but no display. If I reseat the battery it does work for a week or two, then same again. I've done this a few times now, but there's obviously still a problem somewhere - any ideas?

I was going to update the BIOS - currently on 80.46 (from 2013 when I bought hte machine), and it looks like I could update to 80.49 or 80.51 (not sure what ROM family I am so not sure which to go for either...) - might this help? I havn't done it yet because I've heard of some potential issues with the update process.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 458
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power on, no display, need to re-seat CMOS Battery every 1-2 weeks

@GrahamRS ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Follow this link to update the bios to the latest version, Let me know if it worked. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation