2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RAM error?

HP ProDesk 600 G1 Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently sent a post about the hp pro desk not starting up. I figured that the error was that the pins for the CPU slot were bent, so I tried to bend them back and put the CPU back in place. I started the computer and 5 beeps and flashes from an led on the power button occurred. Apparently, this is a ram error, but the ddr3 ram is compatible and practically untouched, I tried placing it in all the 4 slots and nothing happened. 

is it a ram problem or is the motherboard wrecked? there is no signal on the monitor and i tried entering BIOS for ram test but nothing happened. 

Help would hugely be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,983 9,979 937 2,733
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RAM error?

The beep code is telling you that a hardware problem has occurred.  I am curious why you would think the CPU pins are bent and causing this error.  Have you been removing/installing the CPU laterly - such as just before this happened?

Here is a guide on various reasons and how to troubleshoot them

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

It would be helpful to describe what you have done and what occurred just prior to this happening.  It is very rare for this to happen with no previous causes.  Assuming since this PC has Windows 8.1 and was working prior to this

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation