Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Primrose77
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen goes blank when I try to boot/load the uefi settings

HP Recommended

I'm tyring to disable my keyboar'ds action keys and to do that, I've learned I need to go into my uefi settings to do it. Everytime I go into advanced startup option and click on the uefi settings button(forgot what it's called exactly), My computer restarts but nothing shows up. I'm just left on a blank screen. I've also tried holding shift while pressing restart to go onto the advanced startup page and click the uefi option from there, but that didn't work either.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Primrose77,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

As I Understand you want to disable the action (Fn) keys & you didn't find the option on BIOS,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

To clarify did you use any particular HP article to resolve this issue?

(If yes, was it this: HP Notebook PCs - Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models)

(If not, please follow the steps mentioned in there as they should resolve your concern).

That said, if the option is unavailable on BIOS, I recommend you update the BIOS and try again:

Click here to find and install the update compatible with your PC.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation