2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Shutdown issue after Feb 2018 Windows updates

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27-n250na All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I would really be gretful if someone could help here.. 

Since installin the Jan/Feb  2018 Windows updates my pc will no longer shutdown without me having to hold the power (hard shutdown) also it takes ages to boot past the HP bios logo...

I have updated the BIOS

Chipset

I had a restore point in Windows which i have since lost, this restored the OS to a date before these updates were installed and it was operating as normal. Since the updates came down again the problem returned..  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Hibb1
Level 6
468 468 38 88
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you get a message on screen saying something about 'Intel ME Firmware' when you 1st turn it on? Does it now take ages to move off the HP logo during startup?

Thanks, Michael.

0 Kudos
casek
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply..

I dont see any message regrding the IME on startup but i does take ages to move off the HP logo during startup.

I do not see IMEI in device manager and have tried installing IME from intels website but the installation fails saying "not supported"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation