• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Start up issues

Pavillion 23
I just got this computer and turned it on. First i tried start up windows normally. A black screen was forever then i tried start with safe mode i keep getting and error message about a disk. And now im currently in start in safe mode with networking this is also a black screen for about 10 min
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
106 104 13 21
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Start up issues

Oh no. That means the drive is dying/dead. The best thing you can do is send the old hard drive to a data recovery center and see what they can get off of it. After doing that, you can buy a new hard drive, install it, and install a new operating system on it and put all the old stuff from the other one back on it. Best Buy can do data recovery if you have one nearby.

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation