Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Starting up the computer it doesn't boot up unless you restart it again

HP Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start up my computer it locks up when the HP Logo comes up.  It only boots up after I restart it the 2nd time.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Starting up the computer it doesn't boot up unless you restart it again

@btskreen

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP desktop PC. I read that when you power on the PC, it shows the HP logo screen and then freezes. You have to restart the PC one more time to make it to boot to Windows. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact PC model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Do you hear any beep sounds when the laptop powers on the first time?
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Shutdown the PC.
  • Disconnected all devices and cables from the PC. Also, please disconnect the power cable.
  • Press and hold the power button of the PC for 10 seconds and then release it
  • Connect the keyboard, mouse, monitor and the power cable only. 
  • Power on the PC.

If the problem continues then I suggest you to perform a BIOS rollback on the PC. Please perform the steps listed under "Recovering the BIOS using key press combination".

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to let me know. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation