Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Taskbar and Update issues

HP Recommended
Pavilion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a new HP Desktop PC from Currys/PC World and seem to be having some issues. One is that when starting up the PC itself (after the password entry screen), It takes nearly 8 minutes before the taskbar at the bottom of the screen loads up. I have scanned for updates using both Windows Update and the HP update checker within the support software and completed the Updates that it flagged as important and recommended, just to make sure everything is up to date. Everything installed okay but the only issue was with the AMD Radeon Discrete Graphics Driver (Windows 10v1607) update. The update says it is successful within the AMD Installer that pops up and asks me to restart the pc, which I do, but when I load up the HP Support Assistant again afterwards, it still says it is ready to install. Has anyone else encountered these issues or is it a fault with my PC?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,741 27,695 2,287 3,478
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CupcakeKitten

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there are taskbar and update issues on your device,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you run any hardware tests to ensure the slow loading of the taskbar/performance issues are not related to hardware malfunction?

Have you attempted to reinstall the HP Support Assistant?

While you respond to that, I recommend you try the below steps:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Also, be sure you have the latest version. If you do not have the latest version, or are experiencing problems with HP Support Assistant, see Download HP Support Assistant.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot for your help 🙂 Sorry I am only just replying, its been a rough work week and today was my first morning off! I am taking the PC back to where it was purchased from today to see what they say and ask them to run these tests for me while it is still returnable, and depending on what they say I may return it and swap for another machine if possible. Thank you again for both your time and advice!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,741 27,695 2,287 3,478
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CupcakeKitten

Thank you for the replying,

I appreciate the details.

That said, please take your time and get back to me with the results, 

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help if you have any difficulties getting the pc replaced with another HP device. 😉

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation