Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tesla Card Addition Causes Second CPU Memory Failure

HP Z800
Linux

As described in the title - adding a Tesla M2075 or C2075 to the system causes the second CPU (CPU1) to print out all the mossible memory errors 209-Memory Warning Condition (WARN_DQS_Test)  etc and disable all memory modules installed for CPU 1. Is there a known limitation with using the tesla compute cards in a dual CPU configuration ? I havent been able to find anyone else with the same issue minus one or two unanswered forum posts. Maybe the Tesla card is DOA or damaged ? Im waiting a second quadro to show up that I can test in the second x16 slot to verify its not a motherboard issue. Anyone else have any ideas? 

Ninja Edit: 

1150W PSU

(6) * HP 500203-061 4GB (1X4GB)  PC3-10600R  

(2) * Xeon X5660 

(1) * Quadro FX580 (Proper Z800 Certified Replacement card on route)

(1) * Tesla M2075

(1) * 220GB Intel SSD

(3) * 500 GB Sata2 in Raid 5

Hyper Threading enabled system runs like a dream with the Tesla removed

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At a retail price of $4600.00 USA, your device:

https://www.cnet.com/products/nvidia-tesla-m2075-gpu-computing-processor-tesla-m2075-6-gb/specs/

is quite expensive, and deserves some "hand-holding" support from the manufacturer.

I suggest that you directly contact HP (not going through this forum), since this Tesla is manufactured and supported by HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. I just wanted to add a Tesla M2090 to my Z800 dual CPU and get the same error messages from the CPU1 Memory slots.

Config is:

2x  Xeon 5670 

12 x 4 GB memory

Nvidia Quadro M4000.

Can someone knows how to fix that issue ?

Thank you.

Bob

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation