Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The power on password did not reset by jumper password hp 8000

compaq 8000 Elite CM
FreeDOS

I did a password for the power on and started BIOS.

I Did not use the computer  for over a year.

I tried to run the computer but I forgot the password and noticed the error message 162 - System options not

set.
 Your system configuration has changed since your last boot (addition of a hard drive, etc) or a loss of power to the Real   Time Clock has occured. The Real Time Clock will lose power if the on board battery is not functioning correctly.
 Pressing F1 will record the new configuration. If this message persists you may need to replace the onboard battery.

I change the battery in the motherboard.

I have read how the Resetting the Password Jumper on the company's website from step 1 to 9 & Clearing and Resetting       the CMOS From step 1-7. I did the steps but without benefit.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,209 107,390 17,004 26,046
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The power on password did not reset by jumper password hp 8000

Hi:

You must have also enabled the stringent security option in the BIOS as well.

Setting the stringent security option prevents the BIOS password from being cleared by removing the green password jumper.

No fix other than to get a new/used motherboard without a BIOS P/W on it.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation