Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ungraded HDD, getting a hard disk error

Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Alright, so I upgraded my omen HDD a few days ago and I keep getting this error:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01443465

Prior to this I had a 3tb HDD which I had upgraded from the 1TB it the desktop came with, no errors though.

The current upgaded HDD's SATA is connected to the other HDD (SSD where the Windows is) SATA with a small cable, this whole thing is called RAID mode. The computer came with it. 

This error only occurs when the computer has been shut down and I boot it up. After I get this message and got othe HP menu, and just exit, it boots up fine, or I restart it.

The HDD is getting no errors with the checks.

My guess is that it's something in the BIOS. I am not sure what though. The only thing I can see which I haven't messed with is the Secure Boot thing. On another forum someone told me that since they are in RAID mode, the new HDD needs to be the "master" to not get this error , though I don't see such option in the bios. Could this secure boot, or the fast boot (another thing) that is enabled be causing this ? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ungraded HDD, getting a hard disk error

Actually using "RAID" mode is a two-step process:

1. enable RAID support within BIOS SETUP

2. select 2 (or more) disk-drives to create a "RAID set" -- multiple disk-drives that appear to Windows to be just one disk-drive.

If you have not performed step #2, you really do not have a functional "RAID set".

That said, Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run SPECCY.

Expand the "Storage" branch, to look at the SMART report for each disk-drive.

Details about SMART:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

SMART monitors about 30 measuring-points on each disk-drive, showing "good" or "warn" or "bad" for each point.

Tell us what SMART reports.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation