Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

all in one will not power on

hp pavillion all in one model
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

there is power going to the motherboard because the power light is on when the the power supply is plugged in.

But the sytem will not power on , this happened after receiving a error message about the chassis fan hit f2 to continue then shut off and nothing. i already checked the fan and cleaned. if it is the power swich where can i order one

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You got a chassis fan error warning.

The fan failure error message could be misleading.

The power supply may be failing even though you see a power LED.

The motherboard could have failed. All components are integrated on the motherboard in AIO systems. Any critical component failure will take down your system.

You have to troubleshoot each component.

It is easier and less expensive to have a local PC technician check for the point of failure.

This type of failure is very hard to diagnose in a forum.

Sorry. :Crying: You may have to replace components up to replacing the mainboard.

Maybe someone else can provide additional insight.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the quick response.

Is there a way to to test the power swich to jump it to see if it is bad, because the power supply is good i trierd it on another hp that takes the same power supply.or would the cmos battery do this,i can't even get a beep error code .

The all in one is only 2 years old, would it be in my interest to disconnect hard drive and other periferals and start from there.

Or isthere any way to get the spec sheets on the mother board for voltages and things so could test myself.

the mother board is  DAHLIAPhotograph of motherboard

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation