Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 860-008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm getting the 3 long bleeps and 2 short one for about a minute before it finally boots.

Seen the note about possible DIMM stick problems so powered off and opened the case and found a birds nest of dust gathered in the corner of the DIMM socket. Still bleeps when powered it up. Cant seam to get into the bios as recommended to reset. Have a wireless keyboard which doesn't load up til windows starts so supsect its not seeing me hitting the esc key until its got past point bios is availble.

Any sugestions?

Steve

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings Steve-1965,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A 3:2 BIOS error code is a memory problem. 

This (Link) reflects this issue on newer HP PCs.

Clean the PC with compressed air or a Dust Buster. Get rid of the dust.

Use a wired HP factory keyboard if possible. Some wired and wireless keyboards don't initialize at the right time to get to the BIOS.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.