9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't boot Windows 10 after some update

envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After some update I couldn't boot windows 10, tried everything suggested on the hp forums but windows 10 doesn't seem to work, meaning I can't use or do anything on my computer. Tried F11 and follow all options there but nothing.  I had to format it and lost everything, then it installed the original 8.1 windows and this works perfectly fine.

But when I try to upgrade to the 10 it just doesn't work.

I want to go back to Windows 10.

Can someone please help me?

I really don't like W8, in my opinion it's not as friendly as 10.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't boot Windows 10 after some update

Greetings indifabi,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

You would get better forum assistance by providing your HP PC's product number only.

You could try installing W10 clean by following instructions at this Microsoft site. Backup all data before doing the following.

Download the media creation tool. Run the tool to create DVD or USB media.

Try to install Windows 10 with only a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Use an wired ethernet connection.

Boot to the W10 installation media.

Do a custom installation.

Microsoft released W10 version 1803 a couple of month ago. Some older PCs have problems installing the latest version of W10.

You may be stuck with W8.1 if you cannot do a clean W10 installation. Microsoft only offers the latest version of W10 at the above site link.

Microsoft drops support for older hardware with each new version of W10. Incompatible hardware could be WIFI, Bluetooth, or other sundry hardware and associated drivers. Do the clean install with only the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and a wired ethernet connection.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation