13 7 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

computer doesn't work after updating bios

pavilion 23-b320
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi,

i download bios from hp site for my product .. i relaized that i download bios for win 8 .. but my windows was 8.1 

after i install it computer restart automatically then show me black screen "error : no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed." 

i chekcche hard drive in diagnosis  and passed 

.. i look for ssid in my computer and in bios driver and it's the same ..

so why that happedha and how to fix it ..

and my personal data on the hard drive is it still in it ? 

and how to save it till the problem fix 

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elghandour

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you downloaded the BIOS for Windows 8 instead of 8.1 and now the computer is not booting up.

Did you run the Hard drive test from the F2 diagnostic?

I suggest you try a BIOS Rollback and check if that helps since you mentioned that the Hard drive test passed

1. Turn off the computer.

2. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Figure : HP BIOS Update screen

Photo of HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

If you are unable to get to the BIOS Recovery or if it fails, please try a System Recovery to Factory Settings

- Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Highlighted
Level 1
13 7 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you , i already read all this things in allot website when i search with my problem .. but i wondered it should be a way to return bios default without formatting hard drive .. so now i think there is no way i now used my hp recovery CDs and it's work now .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 7 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ohh the first way didn't work with my pc unfortunately my pc doesn't support this future .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elghandour

Since the issue persists and you are unable to do a Roll back, I would request you to contact our Phone Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Click on "Continue as guest". 

3) Enter the serial of your device. You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating your Serial Number.

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". 

6) Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 7 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay thanks it's already fixed ☺
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elghandour

I'm glad you were able to get this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 7 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i didn't see clear solution to my issue but however thank you for trying to help ☺
at the end i format everything and this is not solution so I can't click solution accepted but if this is going to be something for you i will click Kudos ☺ thanks again .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elghandour

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation