Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

computer got bumped and will not boot

hpe9000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It did boot one time after the bump.   I shut it down and we are back to no booting.  I checked all my connections none lose. It turns fans on and lights up the cd drive and the dvd drive then the lights go out and nothing no clicking from hard drive.

I have an old restore on  a toshiba v73600-A 500GB.  The computer came with windows 7.  I have access to windows 7 install disk.  

Do I need and new Hard Drive?

Can I down load a boot disk?

Do I try to Install windows 7 First?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

computer got bumped and will not boot

> It turns fans on and lights up the cd drive and the dvd drive then the lights go out and nothing no clicking from hard drive.

When you power-on the computer, there should be an option to interrupt normal startup, and instead to run the built-in HP Hardware Diagnostics.

If you cannot do that, then it is your motherboard that has failed.

If you can, you can run the diagnostics on the disk-drive, and everything else, and see what is reported.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation