Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 24-b209na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp pavilion all in one desktop (24-b209na) shuts down unexpectedly with no warning or error message after it restarts. I have unchecked the box that says "restart after error" and have run a hardware scan, but nothing is fixing it.  

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

> My all in one desktop (24-b209na) shuts down unexpectedly with no warning or error message after it restarts. 

This could be an overheating issue, or a motherboard issue, or a power issue.

Check that the internal fan is still working (by listening for its noise, or feeling for the breeze that it should generate).

Are you living in a "third-world" country, with "flaky" power from the local electricity provider?

Replacing a motherboard is difficult & expensive.

Have you run the HP Hardware Diagnostics?

HP Recommended
Hi,
Nothing's come up on the diagnostic tool, I live in the UK so no power problems, and I can hear the fan running. It's happened sometimes when I immediately turn it on, so I don't think it's overheating
HP Recommended

@Ferretonline@  wrote:
Nothing's come up on the diagnostic tool,
I live in the UK so no power problems, 
I can hear the fan running.
It's happened sometimes when I immediately turn it on, so I don't think it's overheating

>>> This could be an overheating issue, or a motherboard issue, or a power issue.

So, by the process of elimination, it's either the power-supply itself, or the motherboard.

Certainly, an experiment of temporarily swapping-in a different power-supply unit is much easier/cheaper than trying a different motherboard.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Purchased PC in Oct 2017 and trouble started in Jan. I won't get into my trouble dealing with tech support, but needless to say, I am having the hard drive replaced.

I did start to log what I was doing when it happens and the last 3 times I had a Microsoft Office document open. Twice was Excel, and just a few minutes ago I was typing in Word.

Is it possible that there is a connection?

HP Recommended

@blackjava1964@  wrote:

I am having the same issue. Purchased PC in Oct 2017 and trouble started in Jan.

I won't get into my trouble dealing with tech support, but needless to say, I am having the hard drive replaced.

I did start to log what I was doing when it happens and the last 3 times I had a Microsoft Office document open. Twice was Excel, and just a few minutes ago I was typing in Word.

Is it possible that there is a connection?

Did replacing the disk-drive solve the problem?  Or, are you still waiting for the replacement?

Yes, anything is possible.  Those 3 programs do access the disk-drive.

I think that the HP Warranty is still in effect.  So, continue to contact HP to make a claim against the HP Warranty.

HP Support can do more to help you than we can, on this "user-to-user" forum.

HP Recommended
I am waiting for replacement.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.