Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

need windows producy key in order to reboot

HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1597C
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My Hp will not reboot despite numerous and various tries. Have now a windows recovery on USD but am being asked for windows product key.  What is the product key for this model?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,256 41,504 4,530 11,909
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is no key for a model range of desktop PC's.

Each individual desktop has its own keys put there during the factory configuration process.

The key should be there unless someone inadvertently went into the BIOS Secure Boot Configuration and cleared the HP keys or disabled secure boot  

If you did not create recovery media or make a clone of your hard disk, you can still purchase recovery media from HP or an HP partner. Use the following link to order recovery media for Windows 8.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-p7-1500-Desktop-PC-series/5330777/model/5342073/...

Otherwise and unfortunately, it is time to purchase a license from Microsoft or a licensed software vendor.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread #Don'tBeAntisocialWearAMask
#PracticeSocialDistancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

If the key is there, how would I access the BIOS of this computer to find it?

It doesn't self populate when I get to the window asking for the product key.

I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation