Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

stuck on loading

HP TouchSmart 600-1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi . i have a hp touchsmart 600 . it used to work fine but after a upgrade it seems to be stuck on windows loading screen .it does'nt go further .please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 269 383
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

stuck on loading

Hi @ahsanch,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, the desktop is not booting to Windows after an update. 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

What is the error message?

What is the operating system on PC? 

Let's perform these troubleshooting steps:

Run an HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI test on the hard drive

Run diagnostic tests on the hard drive to check for issues.

Video on testing the hard drive using UEFI

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu displays.
  3. Click Component Tests.

Figure: Click Component Tests in the UEFI window

4. Click Hard Drive, then click Quick Test.
  5. Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives.

When the test completes, the results display on the screen and in Test Logs on the Diagnostics UEFI main page.If the hard drive fails one of the tests, write down the specific failure information. The information is also available under Test Logs. The hard drive might need to be replaced, depending on the error.

6. If the test passes, please exit from UEFI window and continue with next troubleshooting steps.

Perform a hard reset (All-in-Ones and Desktops)

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
  3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Perform BIOS Default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the computer restarts normally and the error message does not display, you are done. If the error message displays proceed to the next steps mentioned in the link.

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation