Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the computer does not start

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r014 in July 2018 and after 1 month of use it stopped working. The button light "turns on" blinks on and then stops working. The computer tries to restart repeatedly but does not proceed. Has anyone ever had this problem and can you tell us how you solved it?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 269 383
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the computer does not start

@Marcio_Barros

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, your PC does not boot, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Perform a hard reset (All-in-Ones and Desktops)

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.

2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Disconnect external devices from the computer

Disconnect any of the peripherals, drives, or expansion cards from your computer to check if they are causing the issue.

NOTE: Do not disconnect the keyboard or mouse from your desktop or all-in-one PC as part of this test.

Verify that the AC adapter is the correct type

Use the original HP AC adapter that came with your computer or confirm the AC adapter is a genuine HP part and it is a supported HP accessory for your HP computer.

Do not use an HP AC power adapter on non-HP equipment and do not use a non-HP AC power adapter on an HP computer.

BIOS Recovery: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

If the issue still persists, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation