Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F0022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I am considering buying the HP M01-F0022na (I’m unsure if it has an actual product name), but before I do, I wanted to know a few things. I couldn’t find anything much on the internet for this but I hope someone who has already purchased one of these may know.

I think the motherboard has 2 SATA ports, one occupied by the HDD, so could I install my own SSD using the second slot?

There are a few things I would like to know regarding this, including whether the power supply has an extra SATA power cable and if a SATA cable comes with the PC. (If you do know, can you please tell me everything that came in the box?) I was considering buying a 256GB Silicon Power SSD for games (so it does not wear out or put any strain on the NVMe), but I would like to know if it is possible.

Also, the big question that would probably have made sense if I asked it first - will this void my warranty? I know that you can upgrade RAM, which is also something I hope to do, but I’d also like another SSD.

frankly the Vega 11 Graphics are sufficient for me, but I would probably consider upgrading the graphics after the warranty expires.

Thanks for all of your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vinrA,

The HP M01-0022na specifications are shown here.

Because the link to the Erica motherboard picture is "broken" ERROR 404, I am unable to view it.  I realize you do not have it , as yet. But when you do, please remove the power cord and do the following, reporting back.  The current specs list are  1) M.2 device, 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD,   2) 1TB data storage drive, likely a 3.5" drive,    3) DVD drive.   4) 180W PSU.

About the PSU:  it supplies power to the motherboard (main and auxillary, and fan.  Only the 400W and 500W units have a 6+2 PCIe power plug.  The motherboard supplies DVD and drive power.

When you get the computer,  before you set it up, remove the side panel to inspect.  I would really like a few pictures, full view of board, and the rear of the unit.

1) Follow the DVD drive power and SATA data cables to the motherboard.

2) Follow the existing hard drive power and data cables to the motherboard.

I believe (from memory) that there are 3 SATA data headers, and 2 separate power cables. The hard drive headers sit side by side. The power cable for the hard drive should have a spare plug.

You would need a 3.5" to 2.5" drive caddy to install a 2.5" SSD drive.

Warranty: not voided by your suggested changes.

RAM specs for Erica board  possible upgrades

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.