Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-1000a (2W847AV)

Hey there, i have a hp pavillion gaming pc and i am wondering if i can upgrade it becasue it is running slow since this is built buy hp i was told to ask.since the community know best i want to ask if i can upgrade if so what can i upgrade 

cpu:

gpu:

ram:

motherboard?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey  @venu9 

For the most part yes, you could upgrade most anything in there, but would it be worth it would be the question, here are some thoughts for you.

CPU - there might be an upgrade available, but it would not be very significant. So personally, I would say no to a CPU upgrade unless you get a new motherboard then make sure they match.

GPU - Yes, but you'll need to consider what power supply you have and the power requirements for the upgraded card. For instance - you have a 400W power supply in there now, and upgrading from (I think you have a RTX 2060) 2060 to a 2080, you would need to update your power supply too 600W minimum, but more like 800W.

RAM - Yes, just make sure all the specs are compatible. (for instance: DDR4-3200 SDRAM)

Resources for you:

YouTube link to the service video, shows the inside of your PC and how to take everything apart: https://youtu.be/Vth8PhsymyA

Link to the product page so you can see your product specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000a/37921127/model/2100019... 

good luck

bill

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

So i can buy a 3070 or 3060 and have a suitavke power supply?

HP Recommended

It is possible to upgrade to an Nvidia RTX 3070 or 3060 graphics card, but it will depend on the power supply unit (PSU) that your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-1000a (2W847AV) currently has installed. The RTX 3070 and 3060 graphics cards require a minimum recommended PSU of 650 watts and 550 watts respectively.

You can check the wattage of your current power supply by looking at the label on the side of the PSU, or by checking the specifications of your computer on the HP website. If your current PSU is below the recommended wattage for the graphics card you want to install, you will need to upgrade to a higher wattage power supply.

In addition, make sure that the physical size of the graphics card you want to install will fit inside your computer case. Some high-end graphics cards can be quite large and may not fit in smaller cases.

Also, consider the CPU and RAM that you have to make sure they are not bottlenecking the performance of your graphics card. Upgrading your CPU and RAM can help to ensure that your system is not holding back the performance of your new graphics card.

The memory capacity can be increased up to 32GB (2 x 16GB). 

• Supports up to PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit systems

Helping others not only benefits them, but also strengthens your own knowledge and skills
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.