Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G1 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I booted my PC and it was acting weird. Long story short, the clock battery was dead. Replaced battery and PC boots fine, but I cant log into Windows 10 using my Local Account (only Windows 10 Account I use on the PC).

Microsoft Support wants me to "clear the TPM chip" thru BIOS. Does my PC have a TPM Chip? If so, how do I clear it?  I got into the PC’s BIOS, looked under Security and didn’t see any option for TPM.

I sincerely hope someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If your PC has a TPM. it is called an 'embedded security device' in the BIOS.

See chapter 7, page 143 for the location of the embedded security device (TPM) setting.

c04293196.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hello Paul…..

Thank you so much for the quick response and very helpful info.

After reading the details regarding the TPM and its associated warnings, I am a bit hesitant to follow Microsoft’s recommendations. I definitely don’t want to hose my PC and make it worse than what it is.

I think I’ll try a Windows repair first to see if I can get in that way. I can’t imagine my problem is an issue with hardware settings and is more software related.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.