Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking at upgrading my graphics card but don't know how big I can go. The computer is brand new, I want one  as big as the computer can handle,for some games. The computer is an

HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p109 with an

Amd quad core 3.8g,

16 gb ram,

2 t hard drive.

but only has 180 w power supply, it has 1 bay for the card. right now it has intigrated graphic amd Radion 7 at 512mb. I don't want to mess around with upgrading the power supply just looking for a better card for what I have.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can defeinately upgrade you Graphics.  First of all, this depends on the games you play or may want to play in the furure.  upgrading the graphics should not mess your power supply, usually this hapens with laptops.  However i would suggest you upgrade to least 4GB and that should allow you to play all games now and also that games that may release for the next 3 years least.

Hope this helps.  Godspeed on your gaming

Regards

Arick

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

What are your recommendations for a graphics card that will fit in the 510 p109?  Thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.