Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion H8-1124
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an upgrade PSUs (1000w) 4 drives (2 of which are ssds)  and was trying to add eVGA GeForce 1050 Ti.   System beeps video (1 long beep followed by 3 beeps) and doesnt allow the systems to go past initial startup text display.  THis gpu has no extrat Power Supply coupling.  Is this model not compatible.  Its a short card that takes 2 slots but fits inside perfectly.   Is it stressing the motherboard or something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RMDNET, welcome to the forum.

The 1050Ti is not compatible with your motherboard because it requires UEFI.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.  I suggest that you contact EVGA's Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) to see if they have a VBIOS update that will allow the card to work with a Legacy BIOS.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RMDNET, welcome to the forum.

The 1050Ti is not compatible with your motherboard because it requires UEFI.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.  I suggest that you contact EVGA's Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) to see if they have a VBIOS update that will allow the card to work with a Legacy BIOS.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Bummer, is there a motherboard upgrade that would fit the case and solve the problem?  eVGA giving folks the run around.  Or is there a better card that is compatible that u can recommend?

HP Recommended

@RMDNET wrote:

Bummer, is there a motherboard upgrade that would fit the case and solve the problem?  HP has their motherboards and cases made to their specs.  Therefore, replacing the motherboard with a retail board is somewhat risky.  The connectors for the case components can be incompatible with those on the retail boards.

eVGA giving folks the run around.  No!  EVGA has nothing to do with the OEM computers.  They manufacture their cards to the latest specs.  OEM manufacturer's, such as, HP can't begin to keep up with their push for the latest, greatest technology.

Or is there a better card that is compatible that u can recommend?  As I stated in my original post, your best option is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.