Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Gaming Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I appologize if this is in the wrong section.

Recently my house was broken into and we lost quite a lot of valuables. We lost TVs, Stereos, and PCs. Our family photos had been knocked off the walls and were torn up by the glass. We have gotten most everything covered by our insurance, but one of the few things that hadn't been indexed, and therefore was not covered, was my HP OMEN PC. I had gotten the cheapest one, at $800. I loved that beast of a machine but I don't know if there is a way to track it as I don't know the serial number. I never thought to copy it down beforehand.

If anyone knows a possible way to track down this pc or somehow get it replaced please let me know. All help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

no, there is no way to track the unit unless the pawn shop thinks to check if the seller is the owner and that's a long shot!!

you also need to change all of your online passwords

HP Recommended

I have changed all my passwords prior to the post, but if there isn't a way to track or replace it then I guess I just have to try to save up again and get a new one. It sucks that I worked so hard for it and it's all gone. You live and you learn.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.