Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Would you recommend an HP Omen 880-130 or a Powerspec G460? Both are approximately the same price (open box). Lights, looks, and such do not matter at all to me. I'm purely concerned with function and longevity. Does anyone know what brand/ type of 1080 ti is in the Omen? The Powerspec has a turbo, which isn't my favorite choice, but they are willing to upgrade to the MSI gaming X for $50 more. Any advise or thoughts would be well appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

almost all nvidia 1080 and 1080TI cards us the nvidia reference board design, as such the only major diffrence  with OEM supplied cards is the Cooling solution used, and for retail cards the bundled software and factory overclock and warranty period

All OEM Computer makers such a s Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer source cards from all of the large makers of video cards as such there is no diffrence between thes cards that OEM's use

I personally have never heard of powerspec the computer maker, HP is a diffrent story they are a global company

update: it's "powerspec systems" and they appear to be a tier two computer maker unlike HP which is a tier One vender

http://www.powerspec.com/profile/index.phtml

i recomend you do some research on the actual hardware used in both systems motherboard/case/drives

then compare warranty on both and last the availability of support and service centers

(call both support numbers and see who answers quickly and  give them a  test problem, see what the results are)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.