Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slim desktop S01-PF0320ND
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know whether I can add memory to existing memory, and if so, must the clock speed match what is currently installed.  My model currently has 8 GB with clock speed of 2400, and it appears that much of it is used for processing video as there is no separate video card.  must I get two new memory modules? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The most recent specs for your system show a single 8gb stick of memory and a total of two sockets so looks like you can easily double the ram.

If pair or 4gb sticks then good luck getting rid of them on ebay after you upgrade.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

@rngolden -- is this the specifications for your computer's motherboard:  HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Milton | HP® Customer Support

That web-page states: Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs

So, as @BeemerBiker indicates, you can:

• remove the two current RAM sticks, and add two 16 GB DDR4 sticks
  • if there is an empty socket, add one 16 GB stick, to have a total of 24 GB of RAM

Good luck!

HP Recommended

AFter some digging I found the answer in the specs for the motherboard.   It would be good if HP's search box could handle a common question like mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.