Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
FreeDOS

Hello everyone!

I've been looking for a new gaming PC and I stumbled across this one: https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c08035402#AbT0

Now, I've been looking at a few YouTube videos but I couldn't find any SATA ports. Does this mean that I have to add M.2 SSD's to expand my storage?

Sorry if I overlooked obvious answers that were easy to find online, I just couldn't find them! 😄

Thanks in Advance and have a great rest of the day!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I looked up the motherboard info trying to find an illustration of the Erica6 motherboard.

Finally found a US model with the same motherboard as the TG01-2400ng.

Here is the link to the parts list for the TP01-2066.

HP PartSurfer

Scroll down the page, and find the motherboard listed...

L56021-605
ASSY,MBD, Erica6, AMD Cezanne PROM,WIN

On the left side of the page is a camera icon to click on, which shows a picture of the motherboard.

It has three SATA ports.  One I assume for an optical drive and the other two for a hard drive.

One of the ports is by itself above the PCie x16 slot.

You can probably use all of them for hard drives if you wanted to.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen@user04,

Interestingly, according to HP's specs for the Erica6 motherboard, this motherboard does (could?) have one M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242) slot in addition to a PCI Express Gen 3 x16 and one PCI Express Gen 3 x1 slot, see link: HP Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, Erica6 | HP® Customer Support

NonSequitur777_0-1644882075634.png

As you already suggested, you could use the PCIe X16 slot to fit an NVMe SSD PCIe X16 Adapter, such as this example: Amazon.com: NVME PCIe x16 Adapter, Electop M.2 Key-M SSD to PCI 3.0 Express Expansion Card, Support ...

NonSequitur777_0-1644882647698.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi, @NonSequitur777 

Yes, that motherboard has one M.2 slot for a NVMe SSD, and every model I have looked up comes with a M.2 NVMe SSD.

There is only one SSD slot which seems to be occupied by a NVMe SSD in every model I have looked up.

So, the only way to add additional storage would be to add a SATA 3.5" HDD or 2.5" SSD, or use a PCIe adapter as you added to your post.

HP Recommended

Hi

sorry but @NonSequitur777 

""As you already suggested, you could use the PCIe X16 slot to fit an NVMe SSD PCIe X16 Adapter, such as this  ""

if this one

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2400ng PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 (12 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

only one pci x16 slot it would be a shame to remove the graphics card

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

Quote: "only one pci x16 slot it would be a shame to remove the graphics card".

That is true. I wouldn't do that, but it is an option if someone doesn't need a graphics card for gaming purposes.

My choice would be to increase the primary NVMe SSD capacity to 2TB.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

ok, but just for example, see this :

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/ConfigureView?urlLangId=&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catEn...

rtx 3060 + 420$

$929.99 <<>> $1349.99

in this case, you should not buy the model with the graphics card if it is to remove it, it does not make sense

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

No, it wouldn't make sense to me either...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.