Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
GC760AV
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I recently made a few hardware changes on my dc7800p system (I haven't entered any games yet). I have a question, will the 240w psu be insufficient for this system in the long run or at full load while playing games? (CPU 100% while video card 100% used..)
(DC7800P SFF) My System:
240W PSU, GT 710 1 GB GDDR5, Q8400, 6 GB DDR2 RAM, 2X SATA 7.2K 160 GB HDD, AND NORMAL KEYBOARD/MOUSE (NO DVD OR CD PLAYER)

I got translation help and I may have used too many parentheses, excuse me.. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think the 240W power supply is enough for the processor and video card you have.

The processor draws 95W, and the video card draws 19W.

Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q8400 4M Cache 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz FSB Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

You can use this power supply calculator to get confirmation.

The basic settings tab should be sufficient to get an accurate assessment.

Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

Are you missing any drivers?

I have W11 running on my dc7800 CMT with an AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics adapter, 240 GB SSD, 8 GB of DDR2-6400 memory and the E8400 processor.

Runs just fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think the 240W power supply is enough for the processor and video card you have.

The processor draws 95W, and the video card draws 19W.

Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q8400 4M Cache 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz FSB Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

You can use this power supply calculator to get confirmation.

The basic settings tab should be sufficient to get an accurate assessment.

Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

Are you missing any drivers?

I have W11 running on my dc7800 CMT with an AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics adapter, 240 GB SSD, 8 GB of DDR2-6400 memory and the E8400 processor.

Runs just fine.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for putting my mind at ease, I have one more question, should I choose the motherboard format mini itx or desktop on this psu calculation site? My Motherboard Model: GC760AV

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Use the Desktop parameter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.