Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Ok, so We got this Pavilion Gaming system, and the site initialy said it supports a ram upgrade to 32gb using 2 16gb chips upto 3200 speed, but not what ram exactly or specs

We bought 3200MHz TSkill Heat Sheild XMP 16GB modules, plugged in, and there running at 2600 speed and no way to change the speed

Comming to the site again today, now it says it supports 64gb ram and 2600 speed on the one page, then the Erica board info page says 32gb 3200

Called HP Support and transfered to 3 ppl and each said something diffrent

One said it only supports 16GB ram that came installed

One said 32GB at 2600 speed

and said 32gb at 3200 speed

2 said i cant use XMP ram and one said I can

So I have no idea what Im supposed to actualy buy.

The reason for the support issues is I am not sure if that ram works properly or not.

The original ram that came with the system said its 3200 speed but no heat sheilds and we do alota hard coding/graphics convertions so I dont trust no heat sheilds to keep it cool.

One of our current issues is loads of issues with a particular program, Unity, that we use to develope games, apps, and convert model data around for 3d projects, It randly just crashes out of the blue, QuickBooks sometimes crashes in use or crashes on loading or just fails to load and goes to desktop

So im not sure if the memory we installed is a issue for the xmp or what ever but cant find any actual info on the site, the upgrade english manual is in a diffrent language so also no luck there.

Can someone help me figure out what exactly is in the thing or what it actually supports or ways to test if the memory is a issue causeing these crashes?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry the ram is a TeamGroup 0202E6DA

TEAMGROUP-UD4-3200 DDR4

HP Recommended

first understand that any ram speeds faster than the JDEC speeds requires you to have "XMP" support if intel based or the AMD equivalent

this is a bios setting, and not all OEM systems have it as a setting

for your HP system, install the LATEST BIOS for your system as HP did add this bios feature in later bios's for some systems that originally did not have this feature

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-2000a/2100367769/model/21004...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8906)  current build is F.15 Rev.A

here's a link on what XMP is:

https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-memory/what-is-xmp#:~:text=This%20standard%20is%20calle....

(also if your Pavilion is Ryzen based, you can try using Ryzen Master to adjust your memory speed and timings. )

and of great importance is that not all ram is compatible with Ryzen systems, due to this you should if possible only use ram that has been qualified by AMD for your motherboard companies like crucial/kingston will have online ram selection programs that will match the correct ram to the selected model system

as to ram capacity, 32GB modules were not available when the system was first released only 16GB modules

hence the original 32GB limit is listed in the original manual/early web links

32 GB modules are now available, and your motherboard will support these larger modules, so the current limit is 64GB

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-gaming-tg01-2000a

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.