Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion A6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon! I have an Asus P5LP-LE motherboard. It is located in the HP Pavillion A6000 system unit It has an internal HDMI_HEADER1...18 pin connector Question....what is this connector and what can I connect to it? The vastness of the Internet did not give any normal information on this connector…

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here is a picture and labeled layout for the motherboard

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c00379616#AbT1

The picture is not quite clear enough to see the label etched on the motherboard, but I assume what you are questioning is to the right of the ATXPWR connector ( as shown on that picture )  there is a floppy connector and an IDE connector.  The blue one in the picture is IDE -  old school hard drive connection and the black one is for a floppy drive.  Both are ribbon cable connections.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

No. I'm talking about a different motherboard.
Here it is
https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c01080268
At the very bottom (under the PCI connectors) there is a black comb-the HDMI-Header. Here is on this connector I have a question.....

HP Recommended

OK, I do see that now.  IDK  I do not think that chipset supports HDMI, so unknown. 

That might be a HD audio header??  Perhaps someone else will chime in.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks! I will wait for any more tips...

HP Recommended

I edited the post.  It might be a HD audio header

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

HD audio has a separate connector. And it is already used to connect the front panel of the case with me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.