Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

https://www.cdw.com/product/kingston-ddr5-kit-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-so-dimm-262-pin-4800-mhz-pc5/6978395

This is the kit I want to upgrade to

Current specs are 2x8 DDR5 4800 Ryzen 6800H and 6650M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Chapter 1, page 2 of the service manual indicates the notebook supports 2 x 16 GB of DDR5-4800 MHz memory.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

The Kingston memory you want to buy should work as should the equivalent Crucial memory kit:

The Crucial kit costs considerably less.

Crucial 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-4800 SODIMM | CT2K16G48C40S5 | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Chapter 1, page 2 of the service manual indicates the notebook supports 2 x 16 GB of DDR5-4800 MHz memory.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

The Kingston memory you want to buy should work as should the equivalent Crucial memory kit:

The Crucial kit costs considerably less.

Crucial 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-4800 SODIMM | CT2K16G48C40S5 | Crucial.com

HP Recommended
Spoiler

Thank you so much, I'm getting really sick of only having 16 gigs cause multitasking feels impossible and I'm glad to know I can get enough ram lol

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.