Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It started when I tried to put my specs to my other pc, specs meaning CPU and RAM, Since the transition didn't work out I tried to put them back to back to the original pc after doing that I turned on the PC and the beeps started to happen. 

I searched online and the people said that it may be the RAM but It isn't. I tried all RAM sticks one by one and they all had the same issue, the beeps. 

This is kinda frustrating because this pc is brand new and came today.

Another note, I tried to switch the fans and I think that's the problem but I checked closely and I didn't see any wires out of the thing for the plug. 

I'm pretty young so I don't know what I'm really doing, I just saw some few yt's on the web on how to do these things so I  would love some help. 😄

I think it's the CPU but there isn't any problems with it, no scratches in the pins and I made sure to put it correctly. The little sides matched and all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The beeps indicate a hardware failure.  Meaning the items were not placed back in the proper places or are damaged.

Post the model number of the PC for help in order to find the hardware of the PC and the manuals.

FYI: if you were removing hardware from a new PC, most likely voided the warranty.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The beeps indicate a hardware failure.  Meaning the items were not placed back in the proper places or are damaged.

Post the model number of the PC for help in order to find the hardware of the PC and the manuals.

FYI: if you were removing hardware from a new PC, most likely voided the warranty.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

You were right, The Power Supply cable wasn't connected xd. But after connecting it and turning it on the pc just turns on with no message and runs the CPU fan at full throttle (its still happening now).
Did I do something wrong?

I put in some extra RAM sticks (Four 4gb sticks) into the pc and this, I think, Problem started.

HP Recommended

It was the power supply fan that was on full throttle. 

Now the PC is turning on and off.

Edit () the pc stopped doing the problem and it started to do the fan thing again DXXX.ur

Edit2 () The pc turns on and beeps 1 time, I was thing it was the RAM but I tried it all one by one and all of them were the same. this pc costed alot so I don't want to give up on it.

HP Recommended

Assuming this PC worked to begin with, there is still a problem with how it was put back together.  Also, if the CPU was removed (the cooler was removed), make sure the heat-sink compound was refreshed.  Otherwise the CPU may burn out.

I still do not see a model number of the PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.