Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion power 580-015na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It was so simple to get exactly the information I needed for my last HP on the subject of requirments and method of upgrading the RAM.

This time I have wasted half a day going round in circles on HP support and cannot find the precise info I need.

I don't want to risk damage or to get it wrong. I am confident to do the job and have done so several times in the past but where are the simple straight forward specifications andinstructions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bleurk,

You said you were fully capable of installing RAM.  QUOTE:

( I am confident to do the job and have done so several times in the past).

Part number: 860399-800

Specs: Memory - RAM, GNRC, UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2400

Memory upgrade information

Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture

Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets

Supports PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)

Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

Crucial memory page for your unit.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bleurk,

You said you were fully capable of installing RAM.  QUOTE:

( I am confident to do the job and have done so several times in the past).

Part number: 860399-800

Specs: Memory - RAM, GNRC, UDIMM 8G DDR4 1.2V 2400

Memory upgrade information

Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture

Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets

Supports PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)

Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

Crucial memory page for your unit.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

It was still somewhat confusing as the Crucial page initially shows a 4GB unit which I knew was wrong.

Then it shows two 8GB units with different part numbers (not the part number you quoted) but apparently identical descriptions so after poring over it for a while and not being able to see any difference I picked the first one.

Hopefully it's on its way and we shall see.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Bleurk,

The part # quoted was the stock HP part number.

The link was the a support page offering compatible guaranteed RAM.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

OK I see thanks.

There were two 8GB 2400 items on the Crucial page and I couldn't see what the difference was between them so I picked the first one and hoped.

I have just had another look and compared the two parts specs line by line and now see one is single ranked and the other is dual ranked. I don't know what that means but it is the dual one I selected.

The part is on its way to me and so hopefully this will be successful.

HP Recommended

New RAM seems to be successfully installed and correctly showing as 16Gb total installed.

Thanks for the help.

This is solved

HP Recommended

@Bleurk,

Thank you the very positive reply. Glad to know it worked out.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.