Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have recently purchased a second hand desktop with Keyboard and Mouse. The mouse works a treat but I'm struggling to get the keyboard to function. I have tried to charge but am unable to identify if its even charging as there is no light on to indicate whether it is charging or not, thus meaning it doesnt connect to the desktop anymore. I am after any help which is available???

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TonySewell89 

First, you need to check that the wireless dongle, little device that plugs into a USB port on the PC, is also on the PC.  Without that, they keyboard won't be able to communicate with the PC.  If this is missing, you are out of luck as HP does not sell these pieces separately.

Second, there is a light on the keyboard but it only lights while it is charging.  If the light is out, that indicates that the keyboard is fully charged.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@TonySewell89 

>>>> Why can't I charge my AH0G wireless keyboard?

Sorry for lumping in.  Are you sure it is a chargeable device ? You need to replace its batteries. Is it an AIO machine ? Many AIO machines have built-in receiver to communicate with Keyboard & Mouse.

The mouse is ok that means the receiver is there. Now, please change batteries of the keyboard and turn it ON

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, with this model the wireless dongle is integral to the machine, so i am unable to get to it unless i dismantle the machine which i ideally do not want to do.

As for the light on the machine when charging there inst one. When i turn the keyboard on it flashes for approx. 10 seconds then stays on for approx. 10 seconds before switching itself off.

I did not get a user guide/manual with the machine so i do not know what any of this means. I have been told via facebook HP SUPPORT chat that the keyboard is faulty, but it did work until i completed a full factory reset. So i was wondering if ive removed a driver potentially or some software in error?????

HP Recommended

Banhien,

the device is definitely re-chargeable, there is no compartment for batteries whatsoever.

That's what i cant grasp, the mouse works fine but the keyboard worked until i completed a "FACTORY RESET" and now it doesn't. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.