Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b220qd CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Replace upgrade NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 dGPU on HP ENVY 27-b220qd CTO All-In-One Desktop

06-07-2020 10:48 AM

Product: HP ENVY 27-b220qd CTO All-In-One
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Hello HP Community:

As this card is a specialized mobile version of the NVIDIA GTX 1050 (4GB), can I upgrade to a version with 6GB or 8GB.. what are the choices..

Arhab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@arhabn,

Unfortunately, it appears that it is not possible to install a higher performance graphics card on your AIO desktop: HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b220qd CTO PC Product Specifications and Configurable Options | HP® Customer... ("Must select the following option: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (4 GB) GDDR").

However, you could connect an external GPU using your "Side I/O" with a Thunderbolt 3.0 dock, but the setup would be expensive.  And to be honest, in my opinion your AIO is not the best PC platform to achieve good gaming performance.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@arhabn,

Unfortunately, it appears that it is not possible to install a higher performance graphics card on your AIO desktop: HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b220qd CTO PC Product Specifications and Configurable Options | HP® Customer... ("Must select the following option: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (4 GB) GDDR").

However, you could connect an external GPU using your "Side I/O" with a Thunderbolt 3.0 dock, but the setup would be expensive.  And to be honest, in my opinion your AIO is not the best PC platform to achieve good gaming performance.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@arhabn 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06103004

It only has ONE option for dGraphics for PC board which is part # L04820-001. You can't simply remove and re-install the video card ONLY.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.