Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L 3070 i9
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this to run FS2020 in VR.   So far the tests on the speed of the USB C 3.0  (3.1?) port have failed.  I'm getting around 490mbs.  Sometimes I get 510mbs.  Out of 10 tests I got one at  800mbs.   Last week I had one at 1.6gb sec!  
The VR headset wants 800 or better.  One out of 10 or more tests might make 800.  But when I try to run the software on the headset it won't startup and flickers because... (well it's not stable at 800+ obviously). 

NOT REAL HAPPY - 2000.00 machine for 1 specific purpose. (I own 3 other good desktops) and as a new  i9  3070 - top end machine it can't meet VR requirements?  My 6 year old Alienware i7 with 1080 does!
My entire experience with Hp so far has been extremely disappointing. 

I saw a similar post in another topic regarding speed of USB port on a Omen for file transfer. (same issue).
The so called techs suggest things that were a joke.  Later a 3rd tech said the user would send a HIGH FIVE!? 
I thought for what?  the problem was never solved.  They then requested that it go PRIVATE?  I guess so no one can read that it was never resolved.   SAD. I've had the machine 1 month. It's it returnable for refund? 

Device manager reveals 2 ports are superspeed.  Can you tell me which USB ports on the box those would be? I tried several and the fastest was 512mbs while the 2.0 were about 1/2 that.  I need 800mbs for VR. 
Two are superspeed? (3.1?)
The one marked 3.1 surely would be fastest and I would assume this is the ONE USB "C" connection. Which I'm trying to work with.  Through an adapter on the cord to test the other ports didn't find anything faster than 515 ish mbs. = (

ODDLY ONE test showed 1.6gbs.  So what is throttling it down? 

which.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.