Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 255 G7 Notebook PC (9JH51AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sooo i have this crazy lag in my hp laptop's keyboard ( hp 255 g7 notebook ) 
Concerning the keys ( W , S , 2 , f5, f6, f7, f8 )

The lag seems to appear when im playing a game which requires me to press on the following keys pretty often ( L Ctrl, shift, spacebar) alongside moving ( wasd )
What happens is that those keys ( w s f7 f8 ) stop working at all ، then they do work then they stop working again.

What is this? 

i have tried everything to try and fix it, including

full and offline windows defender scan

HP UEFI diagnostics keyboard test 

tried using them in safe mode 

checked for drivers' update and uninstalled them 

can someone help?

also like to note that they sometimes magically work when i keep pressing on S and would stop working after 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This video has several steps you can follow to troubleshoot your keyboard, hope it can help:

HP employee. Not official HP support, just a volunteer on the support site.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response but I've already done the steps mentioned in the video with no luck as soon as j start using them again they stop 

I have First considered Them to be a hardware problem but when i saw that(  f6 f7 f8 ) not working in synchronize with ( w s ) that what made me confused 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.