Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Upgrade to windows 10 or up
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried my best but can someone advise how to download Windows 10 or Up on HPprobook 6460b 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I assume windows 7 is working and this system has never been upgraded to windows 10

Go to the microsoft store (or use google) and find and download showkeyplus

Run it and determine if you have home or pro licensing

Download windows 10 iso here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

make sure it is Pro or Home and put it on a USB of 8gb or more.  Insert the USB into your system and use the windows file manager to browse to it and find and run "setup.exe"

If you get an error message then it is likely you will need to boot the USB and do a clean install..  After installation you will need to go here, select 7 or 8.1 64 bit and install drivers.

You may need to purchase a license to activate windows 10 unless it was previously upgraded to 10.

Alternately use Ubuntu desktop

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.