Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
450-A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I connect my I Phone to my desktop with the USB cable, the USB is stuck.

I have to shut down the pc, wait 20-30 minutes and then I can remove the cable.

Is there another way to remove the cable?

The button "remove hardware" or "eject" does not appear

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please explain.  There is not a locking mechanism on the USB ports to prevent removal of the USB cord. 

BTW: you can find the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon by left clicking on the up arrow down by the clock - lower right corner -  then select the little icon that looks like a USB device with a small tail

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I didn't think there was a locking system on USB, but it is stuck as long as the pc is working.

if you push the arrow, the icon to safely remove is not there

HP Recommended

I have never heard or seen a situation where the USB connector could not be removed from the USB port because the computer was on.

As for the Icon being missing, see this

http://ccm.net/faq/2501-windows-the-safely-remove-hardware-tray-icon-is-missing

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.