Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slim 270-P043W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new computer came with a small package of 2 screws and a small blue sleeve/washer. They were inside the mouse box. The package was marked M2 and SSD. I cannot find any missing screws in the mouse, keyboard, or computer. I called HP Support and they didn't know.  Does anyone know what they are used for ....if anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Those are optional screws for you to add an optional M.2 form factor Solid State Drive (SSD).

Those screws would fasten the SSD to the motherboard after plugging it into the M.2 slot.

So, you don't need them, but hang on to them in case you decide to do that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Those are optional screws for you to add an optional M.2 form factor Solid State Drive (SSD).

Those screws would fasten the SSD to the motherboard after plugging it into the M.2 slot.

So, you don't need them, but hang on to them in case you decide to do that.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.