Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Obelisk 875-1128jp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I currently own a Obelisk 875-1128jp I bought last year.
I want to upgrade the GPU which is a RTX 2080Ti to a 3080Ti.
I tried searching around for information and couldn't get to understand if it is usable as I heard the connectors are different for the 3080Ti model like the 2080Ti needs two connectors from the Power Supply and the 3080Ti seems to need 3 connectors and requires more power. Later read the 3080Ti comes with a special adapter to solve this but couldn't get any official information, does anyone knows about this?

This Omen has a Cooler Master 750W 80 Plus Platinum ATX Power Supply PSU (L84096-003) which I guess would be fine to handle a 3080Ti, is this correct? My question is if this Omen PC is immediately upgradeable by just getting the 3080Ti and just changing the GPUs or not?
Thanks in advance HP Community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
graphics card models vary depending on the manufacturer!
So, you will have to check the requirements for the chosen model, check if the power of your power supply is sufficient.
check the connectors available in the computer, and what is required for the model of the graphics card

also take into account the size indicate, compared to your original card, it must not be too big, risk not to fit, and / or overheating

once the graphics card is installed, you will need to use the latest drivers available
see the manufacturer's site, which sometimes offers these own drivers, or directly from nVidia

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
graphics card models vary depending on the manufacturer!
So, you will have to check the requirements for the chosen model, check if the power of your power supply is sufficient.
check the connectors available in the computer, and what is required for the model of the graphics card

also take into account the size indicate, compared to your original card, it must not be too big, risk not to fit, and / or overheating

once the graphics card is installed, you will need to use the latest drivers available
see the manufacturer's site, which sometimes offers these own drivers, or directly from nVidia

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your clear answer. It was easy to understand.
Have a nice day. 

HP Recommended

thx

very good day to you too

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.