Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community ,

I'm using HP Z440 (700 W PSU) , I wanted upgrade my graphics to Asus Phoenix RTX 306012gb (170 Wats).  My Current  Graphic Power Cables Have Two 6 pins  Can Deliver 150 Wats Each . But the Asus Graphic card have Single 8 Pin Max out at 170 Wats .. Even if I use an 6 to 8 pin adapter I'm worried the power delivery is not enough. plz guide me how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@I_Kiran --  Maximum is 170 Watts

The tough question is how often that the graphics adapter will actually need between 150 W and 170 W,

and what happens when that situation arises? Crash of the card, causing Windows to crash?

Since you already have a 700 Watts power-supply, I would try it, to see if more than 150 Watts can be supplied to the graphics adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanks For your Time ,  Im Worried  When it peaks 170 W as well . Bec ill be using my pc For Heavy  Gpu 3D rendering . Im sure it needs the full 170 Watts . 

My new Doubt is since i have  two 6 pin connectors  can i use 2  6pin Female to 1 8pin Male  & Connect the 3060 Will it Work ?

HP Recommended

@I_Kiran -- My new Doubt is since i have  two 6 pin connectors  can i use 2  6pin Female to 1 8pin Male  & Connect the 3060 Will it Work ?

Take a close look at each of the "pins" on each 6-pin connector. Some are "square" and some have 3 straight segments and one curved segment.

Take a close look at each of the "holes" on the 8-pin socket in your graphics adapter card, to see a similar arrangement of "square" and "curved" holes.

You'll have to see if you can "match" 4 pins from each 6-pin connector to the 8 sockets.  If you cannot make it "fit", that is a "NO" to your suggestion.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.