Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 570-p023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my video card but not sure what ones will work with the HP 570-p023w.  Also, can  you upgrade the power supply?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

almost nothing can be upgraded due to the systems non standard 180 watt supply this system was not made to be expandable and the bios is not compatable with newer video cards  only the nvidia 6xxx series and below  would work and nost of this line require to much power to be used in your system

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05577914

HP Recommended

@Gilsa,

According to specifications page, your system has a Lubin motherboard. You could look !!!   The power supply is an ATX 24pin main, and a 4 pin aux. That would make it a standard PSU.  The BIOS is fully compatible with UEFI BIOS becaue your product was manufactured after Sept 2012.  It is circa July 2017.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

i stand corrected on the video issue (i was wrong) the board does indeed support newer video cards,

i had several windows open and posted to the wrong one.....................................

and yes this model board might be using a standard ATX pinout, i have no easy or quick way to confirm this

do keep in mind that just because a HP motherboard has a 24 pin connector that does not allways  mean it is a ATX compatable pinout this can be hard to determine since HP does not allways follow the ATX color code on their supplies

HP Recommended

DGroves,

Well, HP specs state this sytem has a 180 watt PSU. It may be a SFF or ATX PSU.

The OP can check the existing HP provided PSU measurements to see if upgrading this component using an after market PSU is feasible. It would be wise to measure the existing PSU and report the measurements back to the forum. ATX PSU dimensions are 6 × 3.5 × 5.5 (inches) and in metric 150 mm × 86 mm × 140 mm.

My experience with HP consumer systems shows HP uses standard ATX pinouts on the PSU. This is not true with the latest generation of HP consumer PCs. But the Lubin MB installed in this HP PC has a ATX 24 pin PSU connector.

DGroves, please tell the forum so we can all benefit, what additional knowledge you have to suggest that Legacy HP Power Supplies and MBs don't use standard pinouts.

Oh, really sorry, just to trying gain knowledge from HP Forum Experts.

Regards.

HP Recommended

in reply to Grawacz's comment:

DGroves, please tell the forum so we can all benefit, what additional knowledge you have to suggest that Legacy HP Power Supplies and MBs don't use standard pinouts.

Oh, really sorry, just to trying gain knowledge from HP Forum Experts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

first of all the HP Pavilion 570-p023w is not a legacy system, it's a current product for sale through major resellers

and since my reply was for this system, and i did  not mention a legacy system in this post, i'm currious as to why you are?

if you want information on a legacy system's power supply i recomend you post a new message asking this question instead of hijacking this posters thread.

as to what systems use a non standard power supply that is legacy, well since we don't use consumer systems here in a corporate setting i will have to confine my reply to the business or workstations we do use that i have experence with and the HP z420 system come to mind right away will that appease you?

[edit]

HP Recommended

Hi DGaouves,

Just trying to learn stuff from you. I thought my questions were germane to the OP's  question.

I am very sorry. I will refrain from asking questions, interrogating you, or posting condescending comments in your threads (wait, I have already been following this policy with everyone in this forum) when you reciprocate.

I apologize for what you perceive as rude and arrogant behavior. :Halo:

Can you do the same?

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz,

A thoughtful and decisive commentary.       Service manual shows the PSU (pg 8 and 9).

As you said, the OP could look at and measure the power supply.  Could also look at the mounting screws.

PS<> One of our moderators did an edit on DGroves comments.

HP 750 series rear view-1.jpgStandard ATX PSU measurements (324 x 212).jpg

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.