Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 580-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On all of the other desktop computers I'v ever used, there was a Reset button, for rebooting in the extreme case of system lockup and ctrl-alt-delete does not work.  However, I don't see a Restet button on the Pavilion 580-137c.  How does one perform a reset if the sytem freezes? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Every HP PC I have ever owned or serviced did not have a reset button.

You have to depress the power switch and hold it down to shut down or pull the power supply cable.

There are also no options to change the behavior of the power switch in Power Options, Advanced Setting to allow the PC to reset. The options are:

Hibernate

Sleep

Do nothing

Shut down

Turn off the display.

Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Every HP PC I have ever owned or serviced did not have a reset button.

You have to depress the power switch and hold it down to shut down or pull the power supply cable.

There are also no options to change the behavior of the power switch in Power Options, Advanced Setting to allow the PC to reset. The options are:

Hibernate

Sleep

Do nothing

Shut down

Turn off the display.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom,

You're right, I spoke too soon.  Though I do have two older Core 2 Duo machines with reset buttons, the newer Core i5 and Core i7 machines I've also used don't have the reset button anymore.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.