Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-a205na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am told that Windows (C) has 15.3 GB free from 118 GB.  Is this the memory and if so can I increase this without having to alter anything else?  and what should I ask for? and can I fix this myself?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the spec page for that PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-a200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/14627434/model...

It lists a  128 GB M.2 Solid State Drive and 1 TB SATA Rotational speed: 7200 rpm hard drive.  The warning is referring to the SSD being almost full.  That is where Windows is installed and most likely the OS is using that drive also for storage.  The 1TB hard drive is intended to be used for storage, so if you, the user, have not directed Windows to use the hard drive for storage, it probably is putting everything on the SSD.

The problem being that the SSD is filling up with data that can be stored easily on the hard drive - probably designated as d: on the "This PC" screen.  This includes pictures and email or whatever is being saved to disk.

You can move this data by yourself with click and paste, or select and paste and then once the data has been proven to be saved to the hard drive, can be deleted from the SSD.  This will free space on the SSD.  You can also direct any software that is storing data on the SSD to be directed to the hard drive instead. 

That will take some investigating and depends on the software.  About the only way to discern that is to look closely at each software application to see where it is presently placing saved data and then re-assign the folder to the hard drive and then delete it from the SSD once it has been confirmed the software knows the change.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply - I will try to digest the information and attempt to follow your advice, tomorrow.

HP Recommended

You are welcome

Feel free to ask for anymore help, it needed.  I would be glad to help!

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.