Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 24-k0012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how difficult is it to add an extra a 1tb ssd to my pc. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

According to HP's page: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06660455

Your motherboard has two M.2 ports, one for your SSD, and one for your network.

HP has taken down the motherboard's page for some reason, so I can only go by the specs listed.

There is no mention of any SATA ports or anything else under "Expansion slots," so I'm leaning toward the answer being no, you cannot add an extra drive, however you could replace your current drive with a larger one.

How difficult would it be?

Well, first you'd need a flash drive large enough to create a bootable Windows disk.

Then you'd use Microsoft's utility to create a Windows installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

Next, you would power off your PC and unplug it from the wall, then swap out the drives.

Then reinstall Windows with the USB stick you made.

Lastly, you'd need an NVME-to-USB adapter, and you'd want to plug your old drive into one of your PC's USB ports to transfer everything over to the new installation. 

Extremely easy stuff if you're a geek, probably overwhelming if you're not one.

HP Recommended

hi

You have practically everything you need here:

HP Pavilion 24-k0000 and 27-d0000 All-in-One PC Series - Motherboard Viewer

HP Pavilion 24-k0000 and 27-d0000 All-in-One PC Series - Part Locator

Upgrading And Servicing Guide

to see if you have the hdd slot, and the connectors, if not, you may only have the choice to change the m2 SSD

Try this ( scan  )

Welcome to Crucial USA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, I know there are two M.2 slots but I have been bought a 2.5 ssd for my birthday and have been told it will fit in ok but I have my doubts. Thanks.

HP Recommended

use the documents I gave, open the computer, and check ...
If it is not possible to install it, use it as an external drive, just buy a kit to turn it into an external usb drive

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.