Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HP documentation show a USB C expansion board. But i can't find a part number anywhere,  not even on the internet.

however, there are lots shown for the g4 (and other) series.

So is there a USB C expansion board for the g5?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm looking at the parts list for one of the 800 G5 DM's, and is the last part on the page what you are referring to?

HP PartSurfer

L70752-001
SPS-TYPE-C USB 3.1 GEN2 PORT W/100W PD

If so, the part is available from HP at the link below and it if you click on the part number it has a list of all PC's the part is used in--including the 800 G5 DM.  $87.11

The HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - HP parts - hp batteries - SSD - printhea...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm looking at the parts list for one of the 800 G5 DM's, and is the last part on the page what you are referring to?

HP PartSurfer

L70752-001
SPS-TYPE-C USB 3.1 GEN2 PORT W/100W PD

If so, the part is available from HP at the link below and it if you click on the part number it has a list of all PC's the part is used in--including the 800 G5 DM.  $87.11

The HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - HP parts - hp batteries - SSD - printhea...

HP Recommended

thank you, that appears to be what i'm looking for

when i was referring to hp documentation,

i was meaning the maintenance & service manual pdf and also the illustrated part pdf

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have noticed for the last several years, HP lists the parts in the manuals but not the part numbers.

Why, I do not know, but not having the part numbers is not very useful, so you have to search through many 800 G5 DM product numbers in the part surfer website and hope you find one that came with that option.  Most of the PC's have the VGA port, another display port or an HDMI port expansion board as an option.

Take an illustrated parts list from an older model PC.

It has everything listed and a part number.

This would have been an ancestor to the 800 G5 DM.

Much larger and has the Intel 3rd gen core processors.

c03612808.pdf (hp.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.