Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLBeloved1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

frame around screen hs separated fromscreen 4/5 of way right side & 1/3 on bottom right not dropped

HP 17-x100 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen frame which surrounds the screen and is attached to front cover has separated.  I see plastic pieces which resemble snaps.  The pc has not been dropped.  No scratches etc Afraid to close fearing itwill damage screen.+bottom frame rigt about1/3rd sticking out hits right hinge.0

I have another 17 in pc purchased early 2015 where frame in upper leeft corner of key board where power swith seems tohave separated due to heat.

Is this an ongoing problem?

In talking to HP Reps they want to charge me for something that should come uder warranty.  I have about a5 days left on original warranty.

Space Bar on ly spaces if hit in middle, not on right or left side.

DVD player does not play or record.  Just recently found out because don't use..

2 REPLIES 2
Retired rick-s
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 380
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

frame around screen hs separated fromscreen 4/5 of way right side & 1/3 on bottom right not dropped

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
FLBeloved1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have called, written,chatted been hung up, called a liar on and still no real reply orsolutions.

I am days away from my warrenty running out.  Is this the way HPhandles business.

I was toldsomeone would contact me.  This hasn't happened.

I sent the requested info. still no reply....

Is there a consumer fraud ordepartment within HP that dealswith their employees not doing their paid job?

Disgusted!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation